The history of this church dates back to 1809 for German and German speaking immigrants. During the 19th century majority of the German community were sugar bakers in the local sugar industry in the East End.
During the Blitz St. Boniface’s German Church was destroyed but the bells were saved. In 1958 construction started on the new church housing the original bells. The chapel was consecrated in 1960 and is still in service today.
St. Boniface’s German Church 47 Adler Street Whitechapel E1 1EE